Professional Plumbing Tips
6 Ways to Build Energy Efficient Plumbing into Your Home
Are you planning to remodel a bathroom or the kitchen of your home? Maybe you're looking forward to brand new construction. In either case, now is the perfect time to consider investing in energy efficient plumbing fixtures and appliances. Modern, efficient plumbing can save you money on both your water and energy bills.
Why Invest in Energy Efficiency?
Whether you're remodeling, planning an addition, or going all out for new construction, upgrading to energy efficient plumbing can save you money in the long run. Any additional cost for more efficient models is negligible compared to the long-term energy and water savings. Besides being cost-effective and environmentally friendly, new plumbing appliances and fixtures can relieve you of the worry about older models developing leaks or breaking down entirely. The last thing you want to happen in your newly remodeled kitchen or bath is having to repair or replace faulty plumbing!
Energy Efficient Plumbing Appliances and Fixtures
- Install Modern Toilets. Modern toilets save water without compromising a full flush. You can save up to 10,000 gallons of water per household member per year when you replace that old, inefficient toilet!
- Replace Your Shower Head. An energy-efficient shower head saves both water and money without compromising your enjoyment of that refreshing shower.
- Repair Leaky Faucets. Taking care of a leaky faucet can save 90 gallons of water each day! You can save an additional 700 gallons of water every year by replacing old faucets with new WaterSense models.
- Upgrade Your Dishwasher. Energy efficient dishwashers not only save water while running but are also so effective at cleaning that they almost eliminate the need to pre-rinse your dishes.
- Swap Out Your Old Washing Machine. Consider replacing your old clothes washer with a modern front loader. These high-efficiency washers will save you money on both your electric and water bills.
- Invest in a New Water Heater. A significant amount of money is spent heating a home's water. In fact, it's second only to a home's HVAC system in terms of energy bills! An energy efficient water heater can help reduce the cost and save water.
At Brian Wear Plumbing, we can ensure that your remodel, addition, or new construction features the newest and most efficient plumbing available. Our highly skilled plumbers are experts when it comes to giving you what you need and expect from new plumbing. Contact us today to experience our friendly, personal service, reasonable prices, and commitment to plumbing excellence for yourself!