Smart toilets are cool, super techy toilets that can make your life easier. There are many versions of smart toilets available today, so the type of technology installed in these toilets depends on how much money you want to invest.
All smart toilets (including the most basic versions) include principal features, such as:
- Inner sensor: You can flush the toilet without ever touching it. The ideal sensor is one that automatically flushes your toilet once you stand up and move away from it.
- Overflow protection: This prevents your toilet from flushing if it’s clogged.
- Resource efficiency: These toilets lower your water usage by sensing how big of a flush is necessary and only providing the right amount of water. Smart toilets can use 0.6 gallons per flush (GPF) while toilets without this technology use 1.6 GPF.
The features are great. Depending on how much money you’re able to invest into your toilet, you can add some extra bells and whistles, such as:
- A massaging bidet wash
- Air dryer
- Heated seating
- Foot warmer
- Automatic flush
- Remote control
- Self-cleaning features
- Built-in sensors that alert you to possible tank leaks
- Emergency flushing system during power outages
- Slow closing lid
- Bluetooth and MP3 capabilities
- App compatibility to flush the toilet from another room in your home
If you’re interested in learning more about smart toilets, contact us. We’re more than happy to help you with your toilet and other plumbing needs!