Sometimes, you have to call in the experts and sometimes, you simply just have to dig-in and get your hands a little dirty. Unclogging toilets is one of the easier tasks a homeowner can learn.
- A Plunger
- Rag (if water splatters)
- Cleaning Supplies
- Human Force
So You Clogged Your Toilet…
You flushed your toilet and you noticed it was clogged and water was rising. If you have any concern that it will overflow, under the toilet is a shut-off valve. Turn the valve clockwise to shut the water off. You will notice the water will Stop running and rising.
- Place the plunger in the toilet bowl and make sure you have a tight seal around the opening.
- Push the plunger in and out repeatedly. This will force air into the toilet bowl to move the clog through the pipes.
- Repeat this process till the water in the toilet bowl flushes. This indicates you have cleared the drain.
- Turn your shut-off valve back on.
- Perform a couple of test flushes to make sure all looks well.
- Take your rag and wipe down any splashes and perform any cleaning or disinfecting required.
We recommend you hose down your plunger outside and air dry. You can spray Lysol on the plunger and tie the bottom of the plunger in a plastic bag for storage. Brian Wear Plumbing is a fully licensed and insured plumbing company located in Columbia, Missouri. We provide all types of plumbing services and are only a phone call away. Contact us today!